Elk County Courthouse
250 Main St.; Ridgway, PA
Courthouse for Elk County, PA
Photo taken by Brian Manville on February 27, 2019
+41.42164, -78.7294341°25'18" N, 78°43'46" W
A wooden courthouse was built on this site in 1845 after the borough of Ridgway became the county seat. In 1880 a new courthouse was constructed on the site, being completed in 1881. It was built with brick and native sandstone with a roof of tin and slate. The original half-ton steel bell hangs in the bell tower.
- February 28, 2019: New photos from Brian Manville
- February 28, 2019: Added by Brian Manville