Cleminshaw Building

421-423 River Street, Troy, NY

Five story, six bay brick garment factory building built in 1885

Photo 

Cleminshaw Building

H.C. Curtis & Company

From A History of Troy & Vicinity, A.J. Weise, 1892

Enlarge

Description 

The Cleminshaw Building was built for the H.C. Curtis Company manufacturers of detachable shirt collars and cuffs in 1885. Charles G. Cleminshaw was the company's president. The company was incorporated in 1903 as Curtis, Leggett & Company after a merger with the International Shirt & Collar Company. The Cleminshaw Building was valued at $50,000 during a 1907 bankruptcy proceeding. The building is owned by Brown's Brewing Company at present/

Update Log 

  • March 7, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
  • March 7, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody