Miller Hall & Hartwell Building
547 River Street, Troy, NY
Five story brick factory building built in 1880 with 1891 addition
Miller, Hall & Hartwell Building
From The City of Troy & Its Vicinity, A. J. Weise, 1892
The Miller Hall & Hartwell Company built this five-story collar factory about 1880. The 1891 north addition was designed by well known Troy architect Edward W. Loth. The fourth floor is emphasized by rusticated stone arches which span pairs of arched windows. Within the spandrels are ornamental stone globes.
The building currently houses the offices of the Rensselaer County Department of Social Services.
- March 14, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
- March 14, 2019: Added by Richard Doody