Searle, Gardner & Company Factory
701-715 River Street, Troy, NY
This Romanesque Revival style five-story brick building built in 1888 and 1889 in response to he increasing demand for factory manufactured detachable collars and cuffs for menís clothing housed Searle, Gardner & Company and Henry Holmesís collar and cuff manufacturing operations. The site continued to house textile production until the mid-20th century. The Marshall Ray Company was the last clothing manufacturer to use the building.
Conversion of long vacant building to apartments began in 2018,
- March 14, 2019: Added by Richard Doody