Fellows & Company

515 Fulton Street, Troy, NY

Four story brick factory building built after 1862

Photo 

Fellows & Company

From The City of Troy & Its Vicinity, A. J. Weise, 1892

Enlarge

Description 

Fellows & Company, manufacturers of men's linen cuffs and collars, was formed in 1884. It is the successor to a string proprietor and partnerships dating back to Lyman Bennett who entered the business in 1834. The company occupied this four story brick building at the corner of Fulton and Union Streets across from Union Station and the Gurley Building. The structure extends five bays along Fulton and 17 along Union Street and was built shortly after the Great Fire of May 10, 1862 gutted the neighborhood. It is currently owned by W. & L.E. Gurley Precision Instruments.

Update Log 

  • March 14, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
  • March 14, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody