San Francisco Mining Exchange

Also known as: San Francisco Curb Exchange
350 Bush Street, San Francisco, CA

Neoclassical stock exchange building built in 1923

Photo 

San Francisco Mining Exchange

Photo taken by Richard Doody in July 2010

Enlarge

Description 

The facade and first 30 feet back from the front of the building are what remains of the 1923 San Francisco Mining Exchange. It now fronts a 19 story glass tower built between 2016 and 2018. Architect Timothy Pflueger, who went on to craft Oakland’s Paramount Theatre and San Francisco's Pacific Telephone Tower, designed this neo-classical temple with six Corinthian columns beneath a pediment adorned with five Greek gods. After a succession of owners, the building sat vacant from 1979 to 2016.

San Francisco Designated Landmark No.113

Update Log 

  • May 15, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added SF designated landmark #
  • April 6, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
  • April 6, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody