Engine Company No. 8
1648 Pacific Avenue, San Francisco, CA
Beaux Arts style firehouse built in 1908 repurposed in 1980
This Beaux Arts style brick and terra-cotta faced building, designed by Architect John Reid Jr., housed Engine Company No.8 from 1917 to 1980. It replaced a temporary wood frame fire station built to replace the original building which was destroyed in the 1906 earthquake.
San Francisco Designated Landmark No.188
- May 8, 2019: Added by Richard Doody