Engine Company No.40
1249 Clayton Street, San Francisco, CA
Mission Revival firehouse built in 1909
This Mission Revival firehouse was built in 1909. Engine Company No.40 initially was a horse and wagon unit. It acquired motorized apparatus in 1917 and served its neighborhood from here until 1956 when it moved to new quarters on Stanyan Street.
The firehouse continued to be for general storage until it was sold at public auction in the 1970's and renovated as a private residence.
- May 8, 2019: Added by Richard Doody