A. Borel & Company Building

In ruins
456 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA

Beaux Arts style bank facade built in 1908

Description 

This two story Beaux Arts style investment bank was designed by Albert Pissis for Antoine Borel and completed in 1908. The 27' facade of this granite-faced steel frame building is supported by four Corinthian columns and was incorporated into 456 Montgomery Plaza when that 26 story high rise was completed in 1983. (Borel & Company was located at 440 Montgomery Street.)

San Francisco Designated Landmark No.109

Update Log 

  • May 15, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody