1541 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA
Julius' Castle was designed by Italian architect Luigi Mastropasqua for restaurateur Julius Roz who immigrated from Italy to San Francisco in 1898. The design, combines elements of the Gothic Revival and Arts and Crafts architectural styles. Roz added the hexagonal tower to Julius's Castle in 1928. Julius Roz operated the restaurant until his death in 1943. A succession of owners continued the business until 2007. Following protracted litigation it was announced that the Telegraph Hill eatery would reopen in 2019.
San Francisco Designated Landmark No.121
- May 15, 2019: Added by Richard Doody