No longer exists


Archer General Store

Photo taken by Lee Russell FSA/OWI 1937, Library of Congress



Archer was founded in 1913 after the Great Northern Railway built its Bainville-Scobey branch line. It was named for homesteader William Archer and once boasted 2 grain elevators, a store, a lumber yard, hardware store and a farm implement dealership along with a Lutheran Church, a school and a post office. The railway had a section house and depot here. The church was gone by 1942 and the post office opened in 1914 and closed in 1957.

Update Log 

  • May 30, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
  • May 30, 2019: Added by Richard Doody


  • Richard Doody