Smith Hollow Schoolhouse

113 N Front Street, Dayton, WA

One room schoolhouse built in 1900

Photos 

Smith Hollow Schoolhouse

Photo taken by Richard Doody in June 2019

Enlarge

Description 

Built in 1900, this country schoolhouse was originally located eight miles north of Dayton. It served grades 1-8 in the Smith Hollow School District until 1933, when that district consolidated with Dayton. The building, however, continued to be used as an area meeting place and community center on into the 1980s. In 2010, the building was moved to Dayton, where it underwent a three-year restoration.

Update Log 

  • June 15, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • June 15, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody