Lawlor & Rowe Insurance Company

122 W Granite Street, Butte, MT

Two story brick and stone Georgian Revival style building completed in 1916

Photos 

Lawlor & Rowe Insurance Company

Photo taken by Richard Doody in June 2019

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

"Graceful arches and a lovely stone balustrade atop a stone cornice make this Georgian Revival style building a perfect companion to the adjacent Water Company Building. Multi-paned windows trimmed in stone and brick, a dentil frieze below the cornice and a pleasing symmetry achieved through door and window placement further define this revival style. Contractors George Pederson and Hans Nelson constructed the first floor circa 1909, and a second story was added in 1916 at a cost of $3,358. William V. Lawlor initially ran a real estate business here in 1909, but by 1910, James H. Rowe had joined him. The firm then became the Lawlor & Rowe Insurance Company which handled real estate, fire insurance and surety bonds." - NRHP/Montana Historical Society plaque

Update Log 

  • July 1, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • July 1, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody