Natural Science Building - University of Montana

Also known as: Botany Building
University of Montana, Missoula, MT

Description 

"The first building added to the campus after 1908 was this facility, which housed the most modern equipment for all branches of life science research, including a stereopticon and motion picture apparatus. Begun in 1917 and completed in 1919, it was the first of eight campus buildings designed according to the new Carsley-Gilbert master plan, which inspired ordered expansion of the University. Architects McIver, Cohagen, and Marshall of Billings chose the Renaissance Revival style thus setting the standard for the remaining Carsley-Gilbert plan buildings added between 1922 and 1927. In 1977, the facility was renamed the Botany Building in honor of its sole remaining occupant." - NRHP/Montana Historical Society plaque

Tags 

Built 1919 (458)
Built during 1910s (8,738)
Missoula County, Montana (116)
Montana (2,084)
School (5,003)

Update Log 

  • August 7, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody