Caplice & McCune Store

Also known as: Mt. Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church
1607 N Main Street, Walkerville, MT

Photos 

Caplice & McCune Store

Photo taken by Richard Doody in June 2019

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

John Caplice and Alfred McCune built this brick with rubble stone cellar building ca.1884 to house the Walkerville branch of their grocery and general merchandise business. The building housed St. Joseph’s Catholic School from 1900 to 1906 at which time it was sold to the congregation of Mt. Bethel Methodist Episcopal Church which closed in 1972.

Update Log 

  • August 7, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • August 7, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody