C.T. Huffman Grocery

115 E Broadway, Philipsburg, MT

Description 

"Built circa 1887, Lutey’s Grocery and the Barrett and Jacky Harness Shop originally shared occupancy of this one-story commercial building. By the 1890s, Valentine Jacky shared the building with C. T. Huffman, who supplied groceries to Philipsburg and the nearby town of Granite. C. T. and A. S. Huffman eventually expanded their store into both sides of the building. Operated by A. S. Huffman’s sons until the 1970s, the business was the state’s oldest family-owned grocery. Meticulous reconstruction of the 1890s façade and restoration of the tin-ceilinged interior was completed in 1992-1993 by owner Dale Siegford and woodwright Barry Carnahan." - NRHP/Montana Historical Society plaque

Update Log 

  • August 19, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody