Along Township Road at the end of the bike path, Monticello, Illinois
Historical tribute noting passenger train stop
+40.04424, -88.5624240°02'39" N, 88°33'45" W
Replica depot sign, plaque, and tie wall surrounding the original concrete platform that served Illinois Terminal passenger trains. Station building was constructed in 1910 and torn down in the early 1930s, with the concrete platform remaining past the end of passenger service in 1954. Historical tribute constructed by T.J. Scott as an Eagle Scout Project in 2012.
- November 5, 2019: Essay added by Nathan Hopper
- November 5, 2019: Added by Nathan Hopper