Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis Railway Steam Locomotive No. 576
Also known as: The Stripe220 Willow Street Nashville, TN
Removed from park and undergoing restoration to operational status
This series of photos was taken in November 2018 in Centennial Park, where the locomotive was on display from 1953 to 2019.
The locomotive was moved to Tennessee Central Railway Museum.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning, November 2018
+36.15494, -86.7543136°09'18" N, 86°45'16" W
Last extant Class J3 4-8-4 "Dixie" built by ALCO for NC&StL RR
"The Stripe" was donated to the City of Nashville in 1953 and has been on display in Centennial Park since then. In January 2019, the locomotive was moved to The Tennessee Central Railway Museum for restoration.
Metro Nashville owns The Stripe, and it has been leased to The Nashville Steam Preservation Society, which raised funds to move the locomotive to the museum.
The photographs displayed as part of this listing were taken in Centennial Park in November of 2018, just prior to the move. You can see the appliances that were removed and other preparations underway for the move.
- March 25, 2020: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status
- November 10, 2019: New photos from J.R. Manning
- November 10, 2019: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com