128 East Main Street, Van Wert, OH
Past hotel that was a train station and control station
Overview Looking Southwest
The hotel is across the street from the Van West County Courthouse.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2020
+40.86942, -84.5817840°52'10" N, 84°34'54" W
The Marsh Hotel, also referred to as the Hotel Marsh, was a luxurious hotel when it opened in 1915. The hotel was once an interurban station and a Lincoln Highway Control Station. (A Control Station was a known location, like a modern mile marker zero, where drivers could calibrate their odometers in order to follow drivers' guides.)
The building is no longer used as a hotel but the ballroom is for rent as a popular venue for weddings.
The hotel had 50 rooms with both electric and gas lights.
- August 14, 2020: New photos from J.R. Manning
- August 14, 2020: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com