The Center Schoolhouse
Also known as: Barkhamsted Center School119 Center Hill Road, Barkhamsted
Preserved 19th Century Schoolhouse maintained by The Barkhamsted Historical Society.
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in September 2020
+41.92812, -72.9657741°55'41" N, 72°57'57" W
Built in 1821 as a 2-story structure; in 1880 the building was renovated and reduced to a one-story building and remained in use into the 1920's. Around 1932 the property was acquired by the Metropolitan Water Board (The MDC) during construction of the Saville Dam/ Barkhamsted Reservoir who used it as a toolshed. In 1980 the Historical Society took over the building and moved it to its present location.
- September 6, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
- September 6, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman