Old Stone Schoolhouse
Also known as: Old West District School, St. Simon's Chapel93 Coppermine Road, Farmington
Built 1790; Closed 1872; Restored 1993; in Farmington.
CT SH 04 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in September 2020
+41.73482, -72.8756641°44'05" N, 72°52'32" W
Built of local brownstone from a local quarry. School was closed in 1872 due to overcrowding and was used for church purposes after that. The annex was built in 1912 as a community hall, using stone from the original quarry. It was restored in 1993 by the Farmington Historical Society.
- September 14, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
- September 14, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com