South Center Schoolhouse

185 Cherry Brook Road, Canton

A one-room schoolhouse in Canton

Photo 

CT SH 08 1

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in September 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Built in 1848 and used as a schoolhouse until 1941. At that time ownership passed to the First Congregational Church across the street, and the building housed the Cherry Brook Library until 1999.The building was extended by 12 feet in 1880,

Update Log 

  • September 16, 2020: New photo from Chester Gehman
  • September 16, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman

Related landmarks 

Sources 

  • Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com