Eaton County Courthouse Complex

Bostwick St. & Harris St.

Expanision of the Eaton Co. Courthouse listing

Photos 

Sheriff's House

Built in 1873.

Photo taken by Jim Allen in Juns 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

This is a 1993 update to the 1971 Eaton Co. Courthouse to include the entire square & sheriff's house.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 2, 1993
Reference number
93000712
NR name
Eaton County Courthouse Complex (Boundary Increase)
Architectural styles
Victorian: Renaissance; Victorian: Second Empire
Areas of significance
Architecture; Politics/Government
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction; A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Correctional facility; Courthouse
Current functions
Government office; Museum
Periods of significance
1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1850-1874
Significant years
1871; 1883; 1894
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Contributing objects: 2
Non-contributing buildings: 1
Non-contributing objects: 1

Tags 

Building (4,406)
Eaton County, Michigan (20)
Michigan (1,955)

Update Log 

  • October 1, 2020: New photos from Jim Allen
  • October 1, 2020: Added by Jim Allen

Related landmarks 

Sources