Navigation Structures at Pentwater Harbor
Photo taken by Jim Allen in Sept. 2020
+43.78206, -86.4427043°46'55" N, 86°26'34" W
The Navigation Structures is comprised a North Pier and a South Pier. The boundary of this place extends from the end of the piers in Lake Michigan to Pentwater Lake.
The piers were constructed between 1868 & 1887. They consist of stone filled timber cribs and wooden piles. In 1938 concrete top was added and in 1997 sheet steel pilings were added to the sides.
National Register information
- Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 11, 2001
- Reference number
- October 12, 2020: New photos from Jim Allen
- October 12, 2020: Added by Jim Allen