Old South End Schoolhouse

570 South End Road, Plantsville

One-room school built in 1810 and closed in 1955. Maintained by the Southington Historical Society.

Photos 

CT SH 43 1

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in October 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

Replaced an earlier building that burned in 1793, called "The Little Brown Schoolhouse."

Update Log 

  • October 13, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
  • October 13, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman

Sources