District #1 Schoolhouse

Also known as: Center School
The Green & Main Street S, Bethlehem

One-room schoolhouse built in 1865 and closed in 1926, in Bethlehem.

Photos 

CT SH 47 1

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in October 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

After closing, the building was used as a library until 1968. The Old Bethlehem Historical Society purchased it in 1991 for $1.00.

Update Log 

  • October 15, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
  • October 15, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman

Related landmarks 

Sources