Gales Ferry Schoolhouse
Also known as: 2nd District School4 Hurlbutt Road, Ledyard
One-room schoolhouse built in 1868 and last used as a school in 1927.
CT SH 62 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in October 2020
+41.42840, -72.0832841°25'42" N, 72°04'60" W
There has been a school at this location since 1750; a second school replaced the first in 1804. The present school is owned by the Ledyard Historical Society and is presently used for storage and not open to the public. The interior features a coved ceiling and a rare curved blackboard.
- October 28, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
- October 28, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman