White Oak District School

886 Main Street N, Southbury

Built 1840 and last used as a school in 1941, in Southbury

Photos 

CT SH 65 1

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in October 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

A two-story schoolhouse with only the main floor used for classes. The upper floor was used for community events until the 1920's when it was needed for a classroom. After closing it was an antique shop and is privately owned.

Update Log 

  • October 30, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
  • October 30, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman

Sources