Rimmon Schoolhouse

Near intersection of Rimmon Hill Road & Pines Bridge Road, Beacon Falls

One-room schoolhouse of uncertain date, in Beacon Falls.

Photos 

CT SH 67 1

Photo taken by Chester Gehman in October 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

Description 

It is unclear when the Rimmon School was built. A sign above the front door claims 1779; other sources say it was most likely among six schools built in 1830; another,1821. Closed in 1953, it is privately owned and in poor condition. Reportedly the owner wishes to sell it to the town of Beacon Falls, who cannot afford it.

Update Log 

  • October 31, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
  • October 31, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman

Sources