Center District School
Also known as: Old Center Schoolhouse44 Peck Road on Bethany Community School grounds
One-room schoolhouse built in 1834 and last used as school in 1934, in Bethany
CT SH 69 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in October 2020
+41.42395, -73.0006441°25'26" N, 73°00'02" W
Originally located on Amity Road, it was moved a short distance in 1931.
It was later moved to the Community School grounds, where it was restored for the Bicentennial in 1976. A Center Schoolhouse Committee is responsible for its care.
- November 3, 2020: New photos from Chester Gehman
- November 3, 2020: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com