Also known as: JJ Newberry Building, Newberry Place109-111 Main St.Batavia NY
1881 Italianate commercial block updated twice in early 20th century
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in November 2020
+42.99728, -78.1823042°59'50" N, 78°10'56" W
The Newberry Building was built in 1881 by C.H. Turner, a local undertaker and furniture builder. It was designed by local architect George J. King, designer of other commercial and residential buildings in Batavia. The building was purchased in 1929 by J.J. Newberry.
The building was added to the NRHP September 11, 2017.
- January 5, 2021: New photo from J.R. Manning
- January 5, 2021: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com