First Farmers Rural Electric Co-Op Substation

6014 N. Jackson Hwy., Cave City

Photo 

Photo taken by Bill Eichelberger

Enlarge

Map 

Street Views 

Description 

"On Jan. 12, 1939, the Goodnight substation was energized. The circuit powered 107 homes along 51 miles of power line in Barren Co. This substation was the first in Farmers RECC service territory. Electricity improved rural life, increased agricultural production, and powered economic development in south central Kentucky."

Update Log 

  • April 4, 2021: New photo from Bill Eichelberger
  • April 4, 2021: Added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources