Shearer Guard Station
Historic log buildings relocated fron Bear Creek Ranger Station in 1959
Photo taken by wyatt in June 2021
+45.99576, -114.8388945°59'45" N, 114°50'20" W
This site was originally homesteaded by Phil Shearer. The Forest Service had a strong motivation to acquire the site due to it's ample grass and it's potential for an airstrip, both of which were lacking at the Bear Creek Ranger Station two miles downriver. The forest service eventually acquired the site after Phil Shearer's death and, began to use it as an administrative site. In 1959 two log cabins were moved upriver from the decommissioned Bear Creek Ranger Station. In the 1970s the Forest Service destroyed all the buildings at the site except the two cabins from Bear Creek. The site is still utilized by the Forest Service as a base for summer crews.
- November 10, 2021: New photos from wyatt
- October 11, 2021: Added by wyatt