April 17, 2019
The historic plant was designed by famous and prolific industrial architect, Albert Kahn. The site was home of the Model T Ford and was the location of Henry Ford's famous assembly line. The plant was also the location of Henry Ford's announcement of the Five Dollar Day that revolutionized the automobile industry and attracted a migration of workers to Detroit from around the country. The Highland Park plant opened in 1910 and was the standard for industrial plant design for many years.
Curbed Detroit tells us the four story, 54,000 square foot plant is currently owned by the Woodward Avenue Action Association that bought the plant in order to preserve it. The listed price is not revealed but the Woodward Action Association bought the facility in 2013 for $550,000.00.