Van Ryn & DeGelleke
View Exhibit map
"This architectural firm, which worked out of Milwaukee, was one of the best and most prolific firms in southeastern Wisconsin. Henry J. Van Ryn and Gerrit J. DeGelleke became partners in 1897 after Van Ryn had practiced alone for over 15 years. Van Ryn, alone and with DeGelleke, designed a wide range of buildings all over the state including houses, commercial buildings, schools, hospitals, and churches. They designed several large buildings for campuses of the State Teachers Colleges."
From the National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form submitted to the National Park Service for inclusion of the McCall Street Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places.
Cyrus C. Yawkey House
(Marathon County, Wisconsin)Classical Revival home with Ionic columns, a portico, huge carriage house and a sunken formal garden with a fountain and purgola.
Janesville High School
(Rock County, Wisconsin)The former high school and junior high school building, repurposed as apartments.
Lee Ovitt House
(Waukesha County, Wisconsin)Distinctive one and a half story Queen Anne house
(Portage County, Wisconsin)Three-story brick dormitory built in Prairie School style