Bannister & Schell

William P. Bannister, a New York native, joined in partnership with Richard M. Schell in 1899. They formed the firm Bannister and Schell and had an office at 69 Wall Street during the early twentieth century.13 Between 1903 and 1911, the firm designed tenements and store-and-loft buildings, but established a specialty in church buildings.14 The firm also designed Holyrood Church in Washington Heights (1911) as well as the former Harlem Savings Bank on East 125th Street (1907).15 Bannister later went on to start his own firm and continued to design churches such as the Lutheran Church of the Incarnation in Brooklyn as well as St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Queens. http://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/places/pdfs/13001153.pdf (page 10)


Harlem Savings Bank (New York County, New York)
North Presbyterian Church (New York County, New York)