Milwaukee Road Caboose
View Exhibit map
The Milwaukee Road shops built 315 "rib-sided" design caboose between 1939 and 1951. After 1951, the Milwaukee Road contracted with Thrall Car Manufacturing Company to build caboose for the railroad. The so-called Thrall cars are of a more traditional riveted steel construction.
Milwaukee Road Caboose #992134
(Langlade County, Wisconsin)A Thrall Rail Car caboose built for the Milwaukee Road, sold to Wisconsin Central, now in C&NW Livery
Milwaukee Road Caboose #992172
(Dallas County, Iowa)Steel caboose built for the CMSt.P&P (The Milwaukee Road) on display and functioning as a snack shop
Milwaukee Road Caboose #992195
(Dodge County, Wisconsin)Steel caboose built for the CMSt.P&P (The Milwaukee Road) on display as part of the Dodge County Historical Society Museum.