St. James Memorial Chapel

IN 9, just S of Cty Rd. 600 N., Howe, Indiana

The Howe Military School is now closed

Photos 

St. James Chapel

The chapel is on the campus of the Howe Military School, which has ceased operation. The property is clearly posted "No Tresspassing" which is why the photos are so distant.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in June 2020

Enlarge

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 16, 2001
Reference number
01000989
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Tudor Revival
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Religious structure
Current function
Religious structure
Period of significance
1900-1924
Significant years
1902; 1909; 1914
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Contributing objects: 1

Update Log 

  • August 12, 2020: New photos from J.R. Manning
  • August 12, 2020: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status and added photos
  • October 30, 2014: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger

Sources