Linlithgo Reformed Church of Livingston

447 Church Rd., Livingston, New York

Photo 

Linlithgo Reformed Church of Livingston

Photo taken by rwcoons

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Linlithgo Reformed Church of Livingston is a historic Dutch Reformed church at 447 Church Road in Livingston, Columbia County, New York. It was built in 1854 and is a two story brick building with a medium pitched gable roof, deep bracketed cornice, and semi-engaged tower in the center bay of the front facade in the Italianate style. The adjacent cemetery contains sever hundred burials dating from about 1814 to the present.[2]

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.[1]

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 1, 2006
Reference number
05001614
Architectural style
Victorian: Italianate
Area of significance
Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Religious structure; Cemetery
Current functions
Religious structure; Cemetery
Periods of significance
1800-1824; 1825-1849; 1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Significant years
1814; 1854
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 1
Contributing sites: 1

Tags 

19th Century (37,887)
Brick (42,462)
Built 1814 (70)
Built during 1810s (1,409)
Church (5,715)
Columbia County, New York (145)
Italianate (5,114)
Livingston, New York (4)
New York (6,211)
Place of worship (6,082)
Private owner (54,398)
Stone (26,160)
Victorian (19,698)

Update Log 

  • January 23, 2012: New photo from rwcoons