St. Mary's Institute of O'Fallon

Also known as: Motherhouse for the Congregation of the Sisters of the..., ...Adoration of the Most Precious Blood
204 N. Main St., O'Fallon, Missouri

Map 

Street View 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 26, 2007
Reference number
07001106
Architectural styles
Victorian: Gothic; Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Colonial Revival
Areas of significance
Social History; Education; Art
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
District
Historic functions
Religious structure; School; Institutional housing; Cemetery; Museum; Clinic; College
Current functions
Religious structure; City hall; Institutional housing; Cemetery; Animal facility; Clinic
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Significant year
1874
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 11
Contributing sites: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 2

Update Log 

  • May 25, 2017: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Mapped landmark

Sources