Paris Elks Lodge No. 812 Building

Also known as: Francis Associates Consulting Engineers
111 E. Washington St., Paris, Illinois

Mediterranean Revival style meeting hall and hotel

Photos 

Overview Looking Northeast

Photo taken by J.R. Manning November 2017

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The building was constructed by the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks in 1927 and was used by the lodge until it filed for bankruptcy in 1978. A bowling alley was in the basement, the second floor had a ballroom and bar.

The building was connected to the France Hotel. The third floor of the building had rooms that were used by the hotel. The third floor is not accessible from the lower floors.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 6, 1987
Reference number
87001343
Architectural styles
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Mission/Spanish Revival; Other architectural type; Moorish Style
Areas of significance
Architecture; Social History
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Meeting hall
Current functions
Business; Clubhouse
Period of significance
1925-1949
Significant year
1927

Update Log 

  • November 29, 2017: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status, added description and posted photos

Sources