Ashelford Hall

566 Eychaner Rd., Esmond, Illinois

Photos 

Ashelford Hall

Ashelford Hall was built in 1925 and served the people of Esmond IL and surrounding area as a meeting place for farmers, the local grange, mens club and as a social gathering place where bands played, dances and shows were held. In 1995 it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places, unfortunately the owner doesn't have the funds to restore the building so it sits continuing to decay.

Photo taken by Wayne DeMunn June 25, 2011.

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 4, 1995
Reference number
95000990
Architectural style
American Movement: Early Commercial
Areas of significance
Entertainment/Recreation; Social History; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Meeting hall; Music facility
Period of significance
1925-1949
Significant year
1925

Update Log 

  • November 26, 2014: New photo from Wayne DeMunn
  • October 8, 2014: Updated by Wayne DeMunn: Add status info
  • October 6, 2014: New photo from Wayne DeMunn