Bergland Administrative Site

Also known as: 09-07-01-154
M-28, Bergland, Michigan

Photos 

Overview

This campus of six buildings was the headquarters for the Ottawa National Forest. It was built by the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) in 1936 but became obsolete when the offices became too small. Today, it houses the Bergland Cultural & Heritage Center and the Bergland/Matchwood Historical Society Museum.

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2013

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 9, 2005
Reference number
05000103
Architectural style
Late 19th and 20th Century Revival: Colonial Revival
Areas of significance
Politics/Government; Conservation; Architecture
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Government office; Single dwelling; Secondary structure
Current functions
Government office; Single dwelling; Secondary structure
Period of significance
1925-1949
Significant years
1936; 1937
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 6
Non-contributing buildings: 2
Non-contributing structures: 1

Sources