Los Alamos Ranch House

Also known as: Rancho Los Alamos (de la Guerra), Los Alamos Rancho
3 mi. W of Los Alamos on old U.S. 101, Los Alamos, California

Description 

Probably the finest surviving example of the Mexican period traditional one story adobe ranchhouse in its rural setting, Rancho Los Alamos was established about 1840 by the son of the Commandant of the Santa Barbara Presidio. Los Alamos was a favorite overnight stopping place for wayfarers passing over El Camino Real between Santa Barbara and Monterey. -- National Historic Landmark statement of significance, April 15, 1970

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 15, 1970
Reference number
70000148
Areas of significance
Exploration/Settlement; Architecture
Level of significance
National
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Single dwelling
Current function
Single dwelling
Period of significance
1825-1849
Significant year
ca. 1840