Manly-McCann House

Also known as: The Historical Museum of Clark County
402 S. 4th St., Marshall, Illinois

Greek Revival structure that has been a courthouse, store, post office, home and museum

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

Photo taken by J.R. Manning November 2017

Enlarge

Map 

Description 

The building was first constructed to be a temporary courthouse for Clark County until a larger courthouse was constructed. Uri Manly operated a store and the local post office from here. Later, it became a private home and had several additions built. It was purchased in 1968 by the historical society and is now the county museum and home of the historical society. An 1853 log home is also located on the grounds.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 5, 1982
Reference number
82002520
Architectural style
Mid 19th Century Revival: Exotic Revival
Areas of significance
Exploration/Settlement; Politics/Government
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic functions
Courthouse; Department store; Post office; Single dwelling
Current function
Museum
Period of significance
1825-1849
Significant year
1838

Update Log 

  • December 7, 2017: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated status, added description and added photos

Sources