Colemanville Covered Bridge

Demolished
Also known as: Martic Forge
NE of Pequea on T 408, Conestoga/Mantic Townships, Pequea, Pennsylvania

Map 

Description 

A replica bridge was built next to the historic bridge in 1990. Later in 1993 the old bridge was removed. The World Guide number for the original bridge is PA/38-36-26x, the replica bridge is PA/38-36-55.

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 11, 1980
Reference number
80003534
Architectural style
Other architectural type; Burr arch
Areas of significance
Engineering; Transportation
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Structure
Historic function
Road-related
Current function
Road-related
Period of significance
1850-1874
Significant year
1856

Update Log 

  • June 4, 2014: Updated by Jim Allen: Added description
  • August 12, 2010: New photos from Karen Bittinger

Sources