The facility operated as a mud bath until 1959. Waukesha was known as the "Saratoga of the West" and a destination for those who looked to mineral waters and mud baths for theraputic relief. After the mud bath resort closed, the facility was used as a hotel and a school until 1970. It has been a Waukesha County office facility since 1972.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning