Cavender's Store

Also known as: Edwards' Store, The Brick, Villanow General Store
Jct. of GA 201 and GA 136, SW corner, Villanow, Georgia

Photos 

Overview

Photo taken by Eddie Douthitt in July 2010

Enlarge

Map 

Street Views 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 20, 1992
Reference number
92000143
Areas of significance
Community Planning and Development; Commerce; Architecture
Level of significance
State
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
Building
Historic function
Department store
Current function
Department store
Periods of significance
1900-1924; 1875-1899; 1850-1874; 1825-1849; 1925-1949
Significant year
ca. 1840

Tags 

19th Century (37,874)
Brick (42,462)
Built during 1840s (3,004)
Commercial building (6,151)
Georgia (3,075)
Have Street View (46,880)
Private owner (54,398)
Stone (26,160)
Villanow, Georgia (1)
Walker County, Georgia (46)

Update Log 

  • July 24, 2010: Updated by Eddie Douthitt: Added alternate name
  • July 24, 2010: New photos from Eddie Douthitt
  • July 4, 2010: New Street View added by Eddie Douthitt

Sources