Central House

210 W. High St., Orangeville, Illinois

Originally built as a hotel by the founder of Orangeville, the building was converted to be a single family dwelling.

Photos 

Overview Looking Northwest

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This home is privately owned and occupied. Historic homes are NOT open to the general public. Respect the privacy rights of these owners. Remain on public throughfares and DO NOT trespass!

Photo taken by J.R. Manning in June 2012

Enlarge

Map 

National Register information 

Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 20, 1999
Reference number
99000585
Architectural style
Victorian: Italianate
Area of significance
Commerce
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event
Property type
Building
Historic function
Hotel
Periods of significance
1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 2

Tags 

Brick (42,462)
Commercial building (6,168)
Illinois (2,695)
Italianate (5,114)
John Bower (3)
Orangeville, Illinois (6)
Private owner (54,398)
Stephenson County, Illinois (24)
Stone (26,160)
Victorian (19,698)

Update Log 

  • June 13, 2012: Updated by J.R. Manning: Corrected GPS Coordinates and added photos

Sources