Chapel Hill Historic District

Also known as: AL-IV-A-139
Roughly bounded by Industrial Blvd., unnamed alley E of South St., and E. Oldtown Rd., Cumberland, Maryland

Map 

National Register information 

Note: The following information comes from the NRHP database and has not been verified.
Status
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 28, 2005
Reference number
05001477
Architectural styles
American Movement; Federal
Areas of significance
Architecture; Communications
Level of significance
Local
Evaluation criteria
A - Event; C - Design/Construction
Property type
District
Historic functions
Single dwelling; Multiple dwelling; Specialty store; Religious structure; Mortuary; Civic
Current functions
Single dwelling; Specialty store; Religious structure; Mortuary; Civic; Parking lot; Multiple dwelling
Periods of significance
1825-1849; 1850-1874; 1875-1899; 1900-1924; 1925-1949; 1950-1974
Number of properties
Contributing buildings: 809
Contributing sites: 1
Non-contributing buildings: 118

Tags 

Allegany County, Maryland (52)
American Movement (6,254)
Brick (42,462)
Cumberland, Maryland (25)
District (10,533)
Federal (4,600)
George Stansbury (1)
Maryland (1,785)
Private owner (54,398)
Stone (26,160)
Stucco (7,816)

Sources